At Shelter Norfolk, we have changed the ways that people get in touch with us for help on our main Norfolk Advice line. The new number is 03301 755 121.
For people needing advice:
- > We are asking people to use our extensive online resources at Get help from Shelter - Shelter England- Shelter England in the first instance, which has all you need to know and more about housing advice! We know this won’t work for some people.
- > People who live in the Kings Lynn and West Norfolk DC area only can also call 0344 515 1558 to speak to the local advice team.
Current referral criteria on the NCAN referral system:
- => For residents of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk council area we are open for all type of housing advice referrals.
- => For residents of the remaining district councils of Norfolk (North Norfolk, Breckland, Broadland, Norwich, Great Yarmouth, South Norfolk) we will consider:
- - Legal Aid* cases for Possession and Eviction, and Homelessness S202 review cases
- - Housing Advice cases for written Housing Allocation Banding or Qualification Decisions, depending on the merits of the case.
- - Social Prescribing cases (referred to the Living Well teams via the client’s GP and ICC’s only)
Shelter also offers:
- => Accredited Debt Advice. Including Debt Relief Orders and Bankruptcy advice for all of the Norfolk area.
*For people needing legal housing representation or advice:
- - If you or your client is seeking urgent legal advice or representation at a court hearing to defend possession or eviction proceedings, or with challenging homelessness decisions by a Council and you would like to check whether your case could be eligible for Legal Aid, you can call our legal team on 0344 515 1721.
- - You or your client can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment and send in the possession/eviction papers that you have received and need advice on.