The Wellbeing Service in Norfolk and Waveney offer short-term psychological interventions for stress, low mood and anxiety disorders. We can work with anyone aged 16 and over with no upper age limit.
We have a range of online psychoeducational workshops that are easy to sign up for online and don’t require an assessment first.
Most support is delivered by telephone or video during COVID, but we do offer face to face if required.
Our 1-1 brief talking therapies include:
- > Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- > Counselling
- > Couples counselling (Relate)
- > EMDR
Our Social Recovery Interventions include:
- > Peer Support Workers: Promote recovery using their lived experience
- > Employment Advice: Helping people to find, return to, or remain in work
- > Social Events: Helping people connect with others in their recovery journey. Online and in person throughout N&W. www.wellbeingnands.co.uk/norfolk/take-part/social-events
People experiencing the following difficulties can benefit from the Wellbeing Service:
- > Stress
- > Low mood
- > Worry
- > Sleep Problems
- > Depression
- > Agoraphobia
- > Recurrent Depression
- > Panic
- > Social phobia
- > Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- > Social Anxiety
- > Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
In the case of co-morbidities for example early dementia or substance issues, we are happy to discuss individual cases to see whether we can provide appropriate support.
PLEASE NOTE: Brief interventions offered by the Wellbeing Service are not suitable for people presenting with:
- > Existing diagnosis of serious mental illness.
- > Enduring, complex presentations unlikely to be responsive to short-term focused intervention e.g. trauma such as childhood sexual abuse.
- > Multiple problems requiring multi-disciplinary / agency care approach, including active safeguarding concerns.
- > A need for specialist support, for example: eating disorders or functional neurological disorders.
Self-refer on 0300 123 1503 or www.wellbeingnands.co.uk
Professional referral via NCAN or https://www.wellbeingnands.co.uk/norfolk/professionals/