We are Equal Lives, a disability rights organisation based in Norfolk and Suffolk. We exist to support people of any age who face disabling barriers and we are dedicated to making their voices heard. We are a user-led organisation, meaning we are led by people who access care and support services themselves.
We can support with information, advice and community & child protection advocacy.
Community & Child Protection Advocacy:
An Advocate is an independent professional who can support you to have your voice heard on a particular issue. They can help you to understand a process you are going through and will try to support you to build up your confidence.
We work with:
- People with physical disabilities
- People with learning difficulties and disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People who are neurodivergent
- People who are deaf
Providing support with:
- Child Protection
- Mental Health
- Social Care
An Advocate Cannot:
- Be a support worker – they can only support you around a specific issue
- Make decisions for you, or tell you what to do
- Automatically get you the outcome you want
- Do things for you
- Respond to a crisis situation
If you or someone you are working with needs advocacy support, please fill in our online form on our website: https://www.equallives.org.uk/advocacyreferral
Should you require more information on our service you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 01508 491210.
We do not accept referrals for advocacy via the NCAN website.