Norfolk Community Law Service

Services that can be referred to through the NCAN Referral System:

Migrant Workers

Advice on residency, status and entitlement for EEA Nationals. Also - advice and representation for welfare benefit appeals.

Authorised by the OISC to provide immigration advice and services Ref. No. N201200043


This service is aimed at those who are vulnerable or who have complex needs, for example:

  • • Offenders, ex-offenders or their families
  • • People with mental health problems
  • • People with learning disabilities
  • • Those with a disability or long-term illness

Although the debt service is promoted to vulnerable clients we retain the flexibility to assist others clients who have approached us, so please call us if you do have any money problems for an assessment.

Whatever your debt problem, NCLS can offer you advice and support. Whether you have a one-off query, require someone to contact your creditors or need to consider your options, we can help. Our advisor Carol Gormal is an approved Intermediary for Debt Relief Orders.

Any enquiries regarding the scope of the service can be made to or by phone to the Debt team on 01603 851246.

Welfare Benefits

Our Welfare Benefits Appeals and Representation Service (WRARS) can assist clients with the following areas of work:

  • •Completion of SSCS1 appeal forms
  • •Preparation of appeals for Tribunal
  • •Tribunal Representation
  • •Upper Tribunal applications and Upper Tribunal Representation.

During COVID-19 we have extended access to our service to include direct referral by clients to help ensure access to advice and promote access to justice. However we ask that NCAN agencies continue to use the CRS system as it ensures clients receive advice at the point of referral and are assisted to provide the relevant paperwork.

Any enquiries regarding the scope of the service can be made to or by phone to the WRARS team on 01603 851248.

  • 01603 496623
  • 14 Prince of Wales Road, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1LB, United Kingdom

Contact Norfolk Community Law Service