MAP is an advice, counselling and youth work service for 11-25 year olds.
The ADVICE SERVICE provides advice in all areas and provides advice to case work level on benefits, housing and homelessness and young parenting matters.
We also provide a sexual health service, including pregnancy testing and STI testing. We run a monthly trans gender group for young people, an advice drop in for young dads (Thursdays) and a young mums and dads drop in on Wednesdays. Parenting skills courses run regularly.
COUNSELLING is by appointment, and people can be referred for help with their mental health and wellbeing via the Advice team.
YOUTH WORK AND POSITIVE ACTIVITIES: see website Map | Here for young people finding their way
EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Map's specialist advisors provide free, confidential information and advice about jobs, training and education opportunities, such as:
- - Get help to navigate your work, training & education options
- - Better off calculations to help you weigh up the financial impact of a potential job or a return to study/training
- - Find out about benefits you could be entitled to if you’re on a low income
- - Double check you’ve been treated fairly if furloughed or made redundant; we can support you to access employment law advice
- - Where are the jobs right now? Get help to find them and apply
- - In house specialist support around money, debt & housing available to help you stabilise while you look for work
- - Perfect your interview technique including learning how to reduce stress to boost your performance