Healthier and happier men make for better brothers, colleagues, partners, fathers, sons. Based in Norwich, Menscraft aims to provide ‘activity, identity and meaning’ via a range of different programmes for men and boys within Norfolk and surrounding areas.
- - Positive Activities and programmes that support their personal development
- - Support/advise other organisations and services to strengthen their work with men/boys.
Probably our most significant achievement to date was to set up a Norwich Men’s Shed in the city centre. The Shed is now successfully run and a Charitable Company in its own right. However, the experience of developing the Shed, from the research and from the what our network have told us, we have identified a significant need for a wider programme of activities and support to assist local men with identity, purpose and meaning. In response we have identified the need to build an expanded range of services, activities and opportunities.
This has led us to set up a Men’s Centre that works with men and boys to increase their self-worth and motivation, challenge limiting self beliefs, improve their communication and social skills and create stronger, more respectful and supportive relationships.
- - We offer support to men at risk of suicide across the county through one to one support and access to positive activities to reduce ideation. We also support men due for release from HMPP Norwich.
- - We offer a drop in social space (the Pitt Stop) in Norwich and North Walsham.
- - We run a Caring Dads programme supporting men at risk of perpetuating domestic abuse.